Independent Bulgarian energy exchange (IBEX) is a partner in the INTERRFACE project (TSO-DSO-Consumer INTERFACE aRchitecture to provide innovative grid services for an efficient power system). This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 824330. The overall budget of INTERRFACE amounts to EUR 21 033 713,58 of which the EU funding amounts to EUR 16 808 962,50. State-of-the-art digital tools based on blockchain and big data management will provide new opportunities for electricity market participation and thus engage consumers into the INTERRFACE proposed market structures that will be designed to exploit Distributed Energy Resources.
Strategic goals of the project:
INTERRFACE will demonstrate for the first time in the energy sector the added value of data sharing by all actors in the electricity system chain (customers, networks, markets) from local, regional to European level, achieving the following objectives:
- To create a common architecture that connects market platforms to establish a seamless pan-European electricity exchange linking wholesale and retail markets and allows all electricity market players to trade and procure energy services in a transparent, non-discriminatory way.
- To define and demonstrate standardised products, key parameters, and the activation and settlement process for energy services.
- To drive collaboration in the procurement of grid services by TSOs and DSOs, and to create strong incentives to connected customers, by improving market signals and allowing them to procure services based on specific locations and grid conditions.
- To integrate small scale and large scale assets to increase market liquidity for grid services and facilitate scaling up of new services which are compatible across Europe.
- To promote state-of-the-art digital technologies that consumers are familiar with in other everyday transactions (i.e. e-auctions, e-commerce, e-banking, social networks), into the electricity value chain, in order to engage end-users into next generation electricity market transactions, creating incomparable economic benefits by deferring conventional energy infrastructure investments
For more information, you can visit: http://www.interrface.eu/
Meet INTERRFACE in a nutshell: https://youtu.be/J8FRo95Thg4 .
- The INTERRFACE project’s Newsletter#5 (August 2022) is published: https://mailchi.mp/b610f7e65984/interrface-project-may-2021-newsletter-9041933?e=1318dcde45
- INTERRFACE team selected best poster award at international conference. During the 20th International Conference on Renewable Energy and Power Quality the team led by the Technical University of Budapest (BME) presented the demo 7.2 of INTERRFACE dealing with Spatial Aggregation of Local Flexibility. The awarded poster is available at the following link.
- Horizon2020 projects INTERRFACE and CoordiNet published their final joint paper “Recommendations Towards Harmonized European Flexibility Markets”. The paper defines a set of 17 policy recommendations addressing 7 key topics to overcome the challenges faced by flexibility market stakeholders. For more information about recommendations to developing flexibility markets in Europe you could see the video of ISGAN webinar held on the 5th of July 2022.
- INTERRFACE was presented at InnoGrid 2022. The presentation took place in the 3rd panel ‘Value of Flexibility’ together with Coordinet, OneNet, EUniversal and DA/RE projects. The video is available at the following link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InEEIWd_KOA.
- The second edition of the INTERRFACE Flexibility Solutions webinar took place in February. Тhe main focus of the webinar was on how new solutions can connect the consumers to the power system through unlocking their potential flexibility capacities. The video of the webinar is available at the following link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VN43bxkK-Y
- The details of the five use-cases on which the 6 innovators selected by INTERRFACE will develop new solutions, tools and services for the project are published: http://interrface.eu/content/open-call-selected-solutions
- INTERRFACE selected 6 innovators through an open call. The companies will develop and implement services and tools under five different use- cases. Find more at: http://www.interrface.eu/news/interrface-selected-6-innovators-through-open-call
- IEGSA platform is nominated for Good Practices award 2021. More information is available here: http://www.interrface.eu/news/iegsa-platform-part-best-practices-brochure
- Horizon 2020 project INTERRFACE calls out for innovators. The consortium is looking for new services for its Interoperable pan-European Grid Services Architecture (IEGSA). For more information visit: https://opencall-interrface.cintechsolutions.eu/ .
- The INTERRFACE project’s Newsletter#4 (May 2021) is published: https://mailchi.mp/6de89be15236/interrface-project-may-2021-newsletter-8040613
- INTERRFACE presented the IEGSA platform at its first webinar – the Flexibility Solutions webinar. You could find details about IEGSA and the development of the project in the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFpk0WTidbw&t=6s
- The INTERRFACE project’s Newsletter #3 (December 2020) is published: https://mailchi.mp/ead0c7e24d86/interrface-project-october-2019-newsletter-8010221
- Blockchain-based trading platform eFLEX ready to be tested. More information is available here: http://www.interrface.eu/news/blockchain-based-trading-platform-ready-be-tested
- The INTERRFACE project’s Newsletter #2 (March 2020) is published: https://us14.campaign-archive.com/?e=&u=306107849ae3e8737e959c561&id=258414933d
- First Plenary meeting of INTERRFACE in Budapest, Hungary
The first plenary meeting of INTERRFACE took place in Budapest, Hungary. More than 70 representatives of INTERRFACE’s 42 consortium partners participated in the event which gained a perfect momentum to further elaborate design and services of the core of our project, the IEGSA architecture – the common platform between TSOs, DSOs and prosumers.
- The INTERRFACE project’s Newsletter first edition (October 2019) is published: https://mailchi.mp/7137f51a2496/interrface-project-october-2019-newsletter
- You could subscribe to the Newsletter at the following link: https://interrface.us14.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=306107849ae3e8737e959c561&id=c9e69a03ac
|This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 824330.|