Independent Bulgarian energy exchange (IBEX) is a partner in the INTERRFACE project (TSO-DSO-Consumer INTERFACE aRchitecture to provide innovative grid services for an efficient power system). This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 824330. The overall budget of INTERRFACE amounts to EUR 21 033 713,58 of which the EU funding amounts to EUR 16 808 962,50.
The project has started in January 2019 and will be completed by the end of 2022.
The main goal of the INTERRFACE project is to ensure better cooperation between power system operators (TSO and DSO). INTERRFACE project will design, develop and exploit an Interoperable pan-European Grid Services Architecture (IEGSA) to act as the interface between the power system (TSO and DSO) and the customers and allow the seamless and coordinated operation of all stakeholders to use and procure common services.
State-of-the-art digital tools based on blockchain and big data management will provide new opportunities for electricity market participation and thus engage consumers into the INTERRFACE proposed market structures that will be designed to exploit Distributed Energy Resources.
Strategic goals of the project:
INTERRFACE will demonstrate for the first time in the energy sector the added value of data sharing by all actors in the electricity system chain (customers, networks, markets) from local, regional to European level, achieving the following objectives:
- To create a common architecture that connects market platforms to establish a seamless pan-European electricity exchange linking wholesale and retail markets and allows all electricity market players to trade and procure energy services in a transparent, non-discriminatory way.
- To define and demonstrate standardised products, key parameters, and the activation and settlement process for energy services.
- To drive collaboration in the procurement of grid services by TSOs and DSOs, and to create strong incentives to connected customers, by improving market signals and allowing them to procure services based on specific locations and grid conditions.
- To integrate small scale and large scale assets to increase market liquidity for grid services and facilitate scaling up of new services which are compatible across Europe.
- To promote state-of-the-art digital technologies that consumers are familiar with in other everyday transactions (i.e. e-auctions, e-commerce, e-banking, social networks), into the electricity value chain, in order to engage end-users into next generation electricity market transactions, creating incomparable economic benefits by deferring conventional energy infrastructure investments
For more information, you can visit: http://www.interrface.eu/
Meet INTERRFACE in a nutshell: https://youtu.be/J8FRo95Thg4 .
Horizon 2020 project INTERRFACE calls out for innovators. The consortium is looking for new services for its Interoperable pan-European Grid Services Architecture (IEGSA). For more information visit: https://opencall-interrface.cintechsolutions.eu/ .
|This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 824330.|