IBEX offers API connectivity of the registered Trading Participants and all companies in contractual relations with IBEX / TP / according to the Power Exchange Operational Rules, State Gazette No. 55 of June 19th, 2020 /PEOR/, so that they can effectively integrate their platforms with the existing electronic trading systems, aiming at more convenience, shorter response time and accurate reports.
The key benefits of the API connectivity service are:
- Efficient and seamless integration with your internal trading systems, back office systems and operating tools;
- Automated / Robot trading to maximise market opportunities;
- Customised and automated reporting;
- Consolidated, web-based IT solutions.
Only IBEX members, with status “Active” on the IDM and/or DAM according to the PEOR requirements are allowed to use the trading API.
The applicable fees are available in the IBEX EAD Tariff on the IBEX website.
The admission process to the API access that each Member has to pass through in order to use the service is illustrated in the diagram below:
The described in the diagram steps are further detailed below:
2. The Request for API access is carefully checked by IBEX and sent to Nord Pool AS for feasibility check. If IBEX encounters missing or erroneous data in the Request, it will be sent back to the applicant with clarifying questions and guidance for corrections.
3. After checks in p.2, IBEX operator creates a test API account linked to the MT (member test) environment and communicates the account details to the contact person indicated in the Request for API access. The test account expires within 3 months.
4. TP accesses and reviews Agreement for provision of API service, which is specific for the different service types:
- Agreement for provision of API service for Day-Ahead market segment
- Agreement for provision of API service for Intraday market segment
- Agreement for provision of API service for Day-Ahead and Intraday market segments
- Annex to the Agreement for provision of API service, which is applicable to trading participants who already use the API service for one of the market segments and request inclusion a second market segment as well.
5. After selecting the relevant contract, TP signs and sends it to the following IBEX e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
6. The contract is carefully checked by IBEX. If IBEX encounters missing or erroneous data in the Contract, it is sent back to the TP with clarifying questions and guidance for corrections. TP sends the corrected contract to IBEX for signature.
7. TP receives the signed also from IBEX side Agreement for provision of API service. The action confirms that the Certification process has been launched.
8. TP performs all the steps indicated in the Certification process plan. Trading participants who have successfully passed the Certification process in connection with using API for one market segment, when submitting a request for API access to the second market segment, are not obliged to pass the Certification process.
- At any stage of the test preparation the Member could ask for technical support from IBEX.
- The API connectivity could be effectuated using the technologies REST API and WebSocket API
- The Certification test performance is effectuated by IBEX personnel together with the TP’s authorized representative
9. The acceptance of the Certification test is a prerequisite for the PROD user creation. After the acceptance of the Certification test, IBEX operator creates a PROD user and communicates the account details to the contact person indicated in the Request for API access.
10. After the PROD account is created and the access details as per p.8 communicated to the TP, the API service is available.
The Nord Pool development hub provides easy access to all required authentication and authorisation procedures based on the industry standard.
If you have any further questions, contact our Information Technologies and Internal Security Department which is in charge of API Customer Support Service on E-mail: IT@ibex.bg